How Do I Get Started On My Renovation?
Feeling overwhelmed? Have 101 questions? Break it down into small building blocks and it becomes manageable. Here's a handy guideline we hope will help make your planning simple and fun! Remember we are only a phone call away.
- Get your whole family involved.
- Compile a list of what is working and what is not, in your current space.
- Start your Idea Binder to hold your design thoughts, pictures, notes etc.
- Collect design magazines and books and cut out pictures that appeal to you. This will help determine "The Look".
- Take some time to compile two separate lists;
- your Home Improvement Needs,
- your Home Improvement Desires,
taking into consideration your short and long term goals. Don't be shy. Write them all down. It's helpful to be specific, for example " I need a bigger kitchen" can be expanded into "I need more space in my kitchen and dining area" or " I'd love a modern space to entertain and create gourmet meals".
- Note any pieces of furniture or accessories that need special consideration in the Design Stage.
- Talk to friends and family who have renovated. Ask them what they found helpful and what they would change. If you are adding space, such as a sunroom addition or deck, dig out your survey, we will need it.
- Determine your investment comfort level. This is a very important step that will help guide the planning. It's impossible to know what your renovation will cost. That is our job! However if you know what you are comfortable spending you will have a much clearer picture of what is possible.
- Determine a reasonable time for when you want your renovation completed. Is there an upcoming wedding or family reunion, etc.
- also see "How do I set my budget?"
Call Pioneer Craftsmen today and let's get started!